Autofocus Glass Inc.
When in need of auto glass replacement or repair, local drivers know that they can count on Autofocus Glass Inc. to deliver unparalleled service and workmanship. We provide full windshield replacement and all auto glass repairs, and are happy to explain how insurance claims work! We can perform replacements or repairs for all makes and models of both domestic and foreign cars, vans and trucks.
We specialize in automotive glass repairs and automobile glass replacement, including repairs for windshield rock chips! We also service door glasses, side mirrors, rear windscreens, and panoramic and sunroofs.
Don’t wait to have us take a look at your chipped windshield!
It can be addressed quickly at a fraction of the cost of a new windshield, or possibly at no cost under your comprehensive insurance.
How much does it cost to replace a windshield?
The biggest factor in the cost of windscreen replacement is the price of the glass used. Insurance companies dictate how much will be covered, and in most instances will not cover the cost of “OEM” (Dealer Glass). Typically “OEE” (Original Equipment Equivalent) glass is used for replacements and is manufactured by reputable companies.
As certified Automotive Glass Technicians we choose NOT to use “Aftermarket” products as we have scrutinized many of these parts and found that they may have good optical clarity, but … when measured with a caliper or in many instances, visible to the naked eye, the aftermarket glass is noticeably thinner and considerably lighter. So not only will you be replacing the windshield more often, but if you are ever involved in an accident, one of the most important safety features of your vehicle will not do the job it was designed to do…SAVE LIVES.
Windshield Service Pricing
Windshield replacement and installations start around $200, but they may cost more or less depending on your situation. We recommend filling out our quote request form on this site to get a more accurate estimate of the cost, even if you have had windshield replacements done by our team in the past. Autofocus Glass strives to provide you with the highest quality windshield replacements Kelowna has to offer, so that you can feel safe and secure in your vehicle.
How Your Windshield Protects You
It is uncommon for most drivers to consider the fact that the windshield is an important safety feature of their car. We believe that knowledge is power, and we think that it’s important to educate our customers about the importance of addressing damaged windshields right away, so we have put together a few fast facts regarding how your windshield protects you and your passengers.
- Your windshield gives extra structural support to the cabin of your vehicle.
- Windshields provide 40 percent of the structural strength and protection in the event of a front-end collision.
- If your car rolls, the windshield provides 50 percent of the vehicle’s structural strength and prevents the roof from collapsing on you.
- The windshield is a crucial component of a properly functioning airbag system. It positions the passenger airbag and directs – and times – the deployment toward the passenger.
- Windshields act as important barriers between you and the elements when driving at high speeds. They protect you from bugs, high winds, bad weather conditions, damaging debris and dust particles.
- In the event of an accident, your windshield serves as an extra constraint to keep you protected and inside of the car.
Stop in and see us at our brick-and-mortar facility (not a tent), conveniently located near Kelowna’s Rail Trail access, Canadian Tire, Home Depot and Orchard Park Mall while you wait. We will happily evaluate the damage to see if your windshield is a safe candidate for repair or needs replacement.